Ready to get started on your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree? Here’s what you need to do to apply to Indiana University’s online RN to BSN program.
Start your journey
Questions about applying?
Contact us at 844-445-0117.
Before you apply
To be admitted to the RN to BSN program, you must:
- Have a two-year associate degree in nursing or a nursing diploma
- Hold an unencumbered RN license in the state in which you are practicing and/or plan to meet your practicum requirements
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale from your ASN or diploma program
- Nine credit hours of general education courses may be taken with nursing coursework
Admission is not competitive, so if you meet the criteria, you will be accepted into the program immediately. Before you begin classes, you must:
- Comply with immunization, CPR certification, and health insurance coverage requirements
- Complete a national criminal background check
The RN to BSN program accepts applications on a rolling basis, so you may apply at any time. You can enter the program in the fall semester, the spring semester, or the summer session.View the academic calendar
How to submit your application
Step 1: Complete the online application form. When you’re asked to select a program, be sure to choose “Nursing, RN to BSN.”
Step 2: Have your nursing school transcripts sent to IU. After you submit the application form, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your transcripts.Apply now
The priority deadline for spring 2022 is December 10, 2021
- Term 1: January 10-March 7, 2022
- Term 2: March 8-May 8, 2022
The priority deadline for summer 2022 is April 25, 2022
- Term 1: May 10-June 22, 2022
- Term 2: June 27-August 8, 2022